The German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) is one of the leading research institutes on development policy. Through excellent research, policy advice and training, the Institute contributes to finding solutions to global challenges.
In the research program “Transformation of economic and social systems” we seek as soon as possible, one
Economist in International Economics (m/f/d)
Salary according to German public service tariff (14 TVÖD, full time)
From € 54.500 to € 75.500 p.a. depending on qualifications
Position Number 2019-B-02
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the economist should contribute through research and policy advice to international debates on the transformation of the world economy in the context of sustainable development. The research expertise should lie in the areas of international finance, international trade, or international macroeconomics, with a focus on developing countries. We are looking for a researcher with a Ph.D who is able to formulate innovative policy advice on the basis of excellent research. The position is limited until April 30th, 2021.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Very good Master’s degree and Ph.D. in economics;
- Proven knowledge and research experience in at least one of the following areas: international finance, international trade, international macroeconomics;
- Proven knowledge in quantitative research methods;
- Experience in policy advisory work is an asset;
- Research experience in developing countries and / or emerging markets is an asset;
- Fluent spoken and written English, proficiency in German and/or another major international language is an asset;
- Willingness to travel abroad, including countries with a tropical climate (“Tropentauglichkeit”).
The German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) offers an inspiring, family-friendly working environment at the interface of research and policy advice, with ample opportunities to engage in international discussions, political processes and scientific debates.
In the case of equal qualification, physically challenged persons will be given preference.
For further questions, please contact Dr. Axel Berger (email@example.com) or Dr. Clara Brandi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
When applying, please note the position number 2019-B-02. Applications, including all necessary documents (motivation letter, CV, relevant certificates), should be submitted exclusively by application platform by April, 23rd, 2019.
Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE)
Tulpenfeld 6, 53113 Bonn/Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)228 94927-0 | DIE@die-gdi.de
www.die-gdi.de | www.facebook.com/DIE.Bonn