University of Sussex, 21 to 23 March 2016
Submissions are invited for the 2016 Annual Conference of the Royal Economic Society, taking place from Monday 21 March to Wednesday 23 March 2016 at the University of Sussex, Brighton.
Submissions of papers and special sessions are invited from academic, government and business economists in any field of economics and econometrics. The deadlines for submissions are as follows:
- Deadline for the submission of papers: 11 October 2015. This must be done via the link available on the conference webpage.
- Deadline for the submission of special session proposals: 1 November 2015. These should be sent by email to the Programme Chair (Conference2016@res.org.uk) and should include a short description of the intended session along with the proposed list of contributors (typically three/four, perhaps including the proposer) and indicative paper titles.
- Notification of acceptance will be by the end of December 2015, while online registration opens from January 2016.
The keynotes lectures will be given by:
- Esther Duflo (MIT) – Economic Journal Lecture
- Kristin Forbes (MIT and MPC) – Hahn Lecture
- Susanne Schennach (Brown) – Sargan Lecture
In addition to the main conference agenda, there will be a drinks reception on Monday 21 March at the Brighton Museum & Art Gallery, set in the beautiful Pavilion Gardens, with the opportunity for delegates to tour the Royal Pavilion. The conference Gala Dinner will take place at Brighton’s iconic seafront Grand Hotel onTuesday 22 March.
Further information about the conference, including details of financial assistance for PhD students, is available via the conference webpage: http://www.res.org.uk/view/0/2016conference_home.html
Authors of papers accepted for presentation at the 2016 RES conference will be entitled to submit their papers for possible publication in the associated conference issue of the Economic Journal.
Please feel free to contact the Programme Chair (Richard Dickens) or Deputy Programme Chair (Holger Breinlich) if you have questions about this Call, or the Local Organiser (Dimitra Petropoulou) with wider questions about the conference.