The Economic and Social Research Council invites proposals for its transformative research call. This aims to provide a stimulus for genuinely transformative research ideas at the frontiers of the social sciences, enabling research which challenges current thinking to be supported and developed.
Projects should involve pioneering theoretical and methodological innovation. Research must address one or more of the following priority areas:
•economic performance and sustainable growth;
•influencing behaviour and informing innovations;
•a vibrant and fair society.
Only two applications will be accepted from each research organisation eligible for research council funding. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to pitch their proposal at a Pitch to Peers workshop on 17 and 18 June 2015 and applicants must be able to attend the event in order to apply for this call.
Proposals will be funded up to £250,000 at 100 per cent full economic cost, of which the ESRC will pay 80 per cent. Projects may have a duration of up to 18 months, and up to 20 projects will be funded.
- Closing date 19 Feb 15
- Deadline information Proposals invited between 1 November 2014 and 4pm, 19 February 2015.
- Date added 08 Oct 14
- Award type Directed grants to institutions, research groups etc; Travel for research purposes; Innovation grants; Equipment and materials
- Award amount max £200,000
- Award amount min —
- Average award amount —
- Award budget total —
- Applications per institution 2
- Consortium requirements Not Known
Click here for original funding call